Yarn Along--Alexandra

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog, on Instagram (#yarnalong), or on Flickr. ~Ginny of Small Things



I've been doing so much sample knitting and designing lately.  It's good--don't get me wrong--but knitting the same item over and over in 5 different sizes isn't all that exciting really.   

I think it all comes down to me not trusting my own "designer instincts" and needing to obsessively check my math and techniques before letting a design out into the world.  In related news...does anyone know a great tech editor?  That might alleviate some of my designer anxiety...

So, after I realized my fantastic stash of Classic Elite Lush angora blend yarn wasn't wanting to become a Lady Wren sample for me, I was casting about for something to take my mind off of the disappointment.

Enter Alexandra and gorgeous Dream in Color Everlasting Sock in Sangria to save the day.  I've knit an Alexandra before, and it's a pattern I'm sure I'll go back to again.  It's just complicated enough to keep your brain on without being so hard it's not fun anymore.

Ah...so relaxing...

A Lovely Homemade Life: Yarn Along--Alexandra

Wednesday, April 22

Yarn Along--Alexandra

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog, on Instagram (#yarnalong), or on Flickr. ~Ginny of Small Things



I've been doing so much sample knitting and designing lately.  It's good--don't get me wrong--but knitting the same item over and over in 5 different sizes isn't all that exciting really.   

I think it all comes down to me not trusting my own "designer instincts" and needing to obsessively check my math and techniques before letting a design out into the world.  In related news...does anyone know a great tech editor?  That might alleviate some of my designer anxiety...

So, after I realized my fantastic stash of Classic Elite Lush angora blend yarn wasn't wanting to become a Lady Wren sample for me, I was casting about for something to take my mind off of the disappointment.

Enter Alexandra and gorgeous Dream in Color Everlasting Sock in Sangria to save the day.  I've knit an Alexandra before, and it's a pattern I'm sure I'll go back to again.  It's just complicated enough to keep your brain on without being so hard it's not fun anymore.

Ah...so relaxing...

11 Comments:

At 4/22/15, 10:25 AM , Blogger Kim said...

So lovely. Everybody needs at least one relaxing project on the needles!
xoxo

 
At 4/22/15, 10:31 AM , Blogger Heather said...

That yarn color is awesome! I love the start of your shawl pattern as well, so pretty!

 
At 4/22/15, 11:27 AM , Blogger Wendy said...

Sangria always saves the day - wine or otherwise. Great color!

 
At 4/22/15, 3:34 PM , Blogger Melody Walker said...

I can't wait to see it when it's done!

 
At 4/22/15, 6:59 PM , Blogger elizabeth said...

beautiful colour! enjoy!

 
At 4/22/15, 7:02 PM , Blogger Joyce Tucker said...

What a beautiful color! Good luck with your pattern.

 
At 4/22/15, 7:18 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

My thoughts exactly! :)

 
At 4/22/15, 7:19 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks! It's not one I would have typically picked, but it came as part of a mystery grab bag from Webs and I'm so pleased that it did. It's always nice to branch out a bit.

 
At 4/22/15, 7:19 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

I'll be sure to post a completed pic! Between the great pattern and lovely yarn I'm excited to see it done too :)

 
At 4/22/15, 7:20 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

Indeed. Cheers!

 
At 4/23/15, 3:27 PM , Blogger Lucy Bowen said...

The yarn is splendid and the pattern is looking great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home