Progress...aka A Pile of FOs

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it on your blog, on Instagram (#yarnalong), or on Flickr. ~Ginny of Small Things



I feel like I've been very productive looking at this stack of finished objects.  I've had fabric on hand for months to make a few more flannel blankets for my Etsy shop and I finally got around to sewing them up!  The fabric is so soft and cozy and I just love hand sewing the binding on...it's so relaxing.

I also photographed two Baby Bluejays and four Baby Wrens for sale in the shop, and I'm pleased with how the photos came out.  I'm still new to shooting with a DSLR (especially on manual mode) so it's pretty common for me to take 75 pictures and be able to use about 15 of them, but I'm learning.

Outlander, while a fantastic read, seems to be taking me just about forever to get through.  It probably doesn't help that my only reliable reading time is while on the elliptical machine at the gym...at 5:30am...ugh.  While I'm not a 'monogamous' knitter (meaning I like having multiple projects on the needles at once) I AM a monogamous reader...so I won't bore you with yet another picture of the cover page on my Kindle.  (As a side note, I always lose my place in the book when I go back to the cover page for a photo...so frustrating!)

Also...CALL FOR TEST KNITTERS!
I have a new design ready to be test knit for a 100% wool Diaper Soaker Cover and I'm in need of testers!  It comes in 5 sizes (NB, 0-6, 6-12, 12-18, 18-24 months) so ideally I'm looking for 5+ people interested in knitting one up in 100% wool worsted weight yarn such as Cascade 220 or Ella Rae Worsted (1 skein or less for all sizes)  You will receive a complimentary copy of the pattern and will of course keep your finished sample.  You'll provide me with notes as to your experience knitting through the pattern and errors or areas for improvement.  Novice and experienced knitters welcome--requires knowledge of Kitchenering and picking up & knitting stitches. If you're interested in being part of this test knit, please join my Ravelry Group and express your interest in the XOXO Soaker thread.  Thank you!

What have you been working on lately?
A Lovely Homemade Life: Progress...aka A Pile of FOs

Wednesday, April 8

Progress...aka A Pile of FOs

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it on your blog, on Instagram (#yarnalong), or on Flickr. ~Ginny of Small Things



I feel like I've been very productive looking at this stack of finished objects.  I've had fabric on hand for months to make a few more flannel blankets for my Etsy shop and I finally got around to sewing them up!  The fabric is so soft and cozy and I just love hand sewing the binding on...it's so relaxing.

I also photographed two Baby Bluejays and four Baby Wrens for sale in the shop, and I'm pleased with how the photos came out.  I'm still new to shooting with a DSLR (especially on manual mode) so it's pretty common for me to take 75 pictures and be able to use about 15 of them, but I'm learning.

Outlander, while a fantastic read, seems to be taking me just about forever to get through.  It probably doesn't help that my only reliable reading time is while on the elliptical machine at the gym...at 5:30am...ugh.  While I'm not a 'monogamous' knitter (meaning I like having multiple projects on the needles at once) I AM a monogamous reader...so I won't bore you with yet another picture of the cover page on my Kindle.  (As a side note, I always lose my place in the book when I go back to the cover page for a photo...so frustrating!)

Also...CALL FOR TEST KNITTERS!
I have a new design ready to be test knit for a 100% wool Diaper Soaker Cover and I'm in need of testers!  It comes in 5 sizes (NB, 0-6, 6-12, 12-18, 18-24 months) so ideally I'm looking for 5+ people interested in knitting one up in 100% wool worsted weight yarn such as Cascade 220 or Ella Rae Worsted (1 skein or less for all sizes)  You will receive a complimentary copy of the pattern and will of course keep your finished sample.  You'll provide me with notes as to your experience knitting through the pattern and errors or areas for improvement.  Novice and experienced knitters welcome--requires knowledge of Kitchenering and picking up & knitting stitches. If you're interested in being part of this test knit, please join my Ravelry Group and express your interest in the XOXO Soaker thread.  Thank you!

What have you been working on lately?

7 Comments:

At 4/8/15, 8:14 AM , Blogger Jayne said...

I love the Baby Bluejay and Baby Wren patterns - so cute! Good luck with the new pattern during testing.

 
At 4/8/15, 8:19 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

Thank you Jayne!

 
At 4/9/15, 5:35 PM , Blogger karisma said...

Is it weird that I just spent ages ogling your picture? Such eye candy! LOL Love the Baby BlueJay, the colours look great together. The lovely fabric you chose for the blankets makes me want to sew. I half set up my craft room and then got knee deep in yarn (not unusual for me) and never got around to finishing.. must get that sewing table set up properly! :-) Thanks for the inspiration. I have both of your lovely baby vests on my rav queue. Just waiting for a baby to knit for.

 
At 4/9/15, 5:53 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

Awww...thanks! Sewing is really relaxing for me...but I definitely knit more than I sew. It's just a nice skill to have (even if my skill level is only middle-ish) You should friend me on Ravelry so I can see your FOs (I'm jenniesanto) :)

 
At 4/10/15, 2:09 PM , Blogger Lucy Bowen said...

Beautiful FO's. Love the top one. I'm dabbling with sewing but wouldn't call it relaxing yet!! Knitting is definitely my preferred craft, and yours is lovely.

 
At 4/11/15, 9:41 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm just about to cast on a new soaker for bob, who is 15 months, I'd love to test for you! Hope to hear from you!

 
At 4/11/15, 1:16 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks for volunteering Elizabeth! I'll get the pattern sent off to you right now! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home