Ambition and Time Constraints

I have a confession to make...I've been spending WAY too much time looking at Pinterest lately.  As I may have mentioned before, I have already more than filled my plate up with kiddos, keeping house, feeding us all, canning, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, quilting, furniture refurbishing, blogging, pattern writing and Etsy shop running...  Whew.  I'm just tired from making that list.

So I'm putting myself on a diet.  A yarn diet.  A project diet.  It's part of my New Year's Resolutions.

I do so hereby resolve to finish projects that are already in progress and to not buy supplies for new projects unless they're needed to finish up existing projects or for commissioned work.

-Emily's Wedding Quilt of my own design (only 2 years overdue!) with a tutorial in the works that I'll share with all of you! 


-Isla's 2014 Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery sampler only 10 months to go!
 
-The 13 projects in my Ravelry queue that I already have yarn for.

-The 6 or possibly more designs that I have sketched up, and purchased yarn to knit samples of.

-The Dress Me Up Blanket for Kids that I hunted down the fabric for and want to make Isla for Solstice this year.

-A GREEN Weasley Vest for Luca (since all other colors are abhorrent)

-Refinishing Isla's new bedroom furniture (headboard, side table, cedar chest, and vanity chair...you'll definitely be seeing a post on these beauties!)

-"The Winter Quilt of 2007" (which has been 7+ years in the making.  I finished the quilt top, did a rough machine baste/stitch in the ditch job on it, bound it off so we could use it one weekend, and vowed to hand quilt at a later date...to be determined apparently...)



-Repainting the master bathroom and cabinets

-A dozen flannel blankets for the shop


-More Waldorf dolls, also for the shop

-A couple more knit stroller blankets

-To complete Isla's new bedroom--my own interpretation of Lady Mary's hospital quilt from Downton Abbey (with tutorial of course!)



That's all I can think of right now...I'm sure there could be many more entries, but these are the big ones that have been weighing heavily on me.  I like my projects best when they're accomplished, rather than languishing.

I'll leave you with this for today...lest you're worried about my sanity: 

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.  --John Quincy Adams

Preach it, Brother.  ;)

ETA:  I am adding just one project to this list...a new quilt for Luca's bedroom.  I had a beautiful one already chosen and a plan for how to get it done...but he doesn't like it and has chosen this one instead.  Opinionated, isn't he?  I think with a grey chambray as the background and green and blue corner triangles it will work just as well. And I won't have to hear about it until the end of time ;)


A Lovely Homemade Life: Ambition and Time Constraints

Friday, January 9

Ambition and Time Constraints

I have a confession to make...I've been spending WAY too much time looking at Pinterest lately.  As I may have mentioned before, I have already more than filled my plate up with kiddos, keeping house, feeding us all, canning, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, quilting, furniture refurbishing, blogging, pattern writing and Etsy shop running...  Whew.  I'm just tired from making that list.

So I'm putting myself on a diet.  A yarn diet.  A project diet.  It's part of my New Year's Resolutions.

I do so hereby resolve to finish projects that are already in progress and to not buy supplies for new projects unless they're needed to finish up existing projects or for commissioned work.

-Emily's Wedding Quilt of my own design (only 2 years overdue!) with a tutorial in the works that I'll share with all of you! 


-Isla's 2014 Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery sampler only 10 months to go!
 
-The 13 projects in my Ravelry queue that I already have yarn for.

-The 6 or possibly more designs that I have sketched up, and purchased yarn to knit samples of.

-The Dress Me Up Blanket for Kids that I hunted down the fabric for and want to make Isla for Solstice this year.

-A GREEN Weasley Vest for Luca (since all other colors are abhorrent)

-Refinishing Isla's new bedroom furniture (headboard, side table, cedar chest, and vanity chair...you'll definitely be seeing a post on these beauties!)

-"The Winter Quilt of 2007" (which has been 7+ years in the making.  I finished the quilt top, did a rough machine baste/stitch in the ditch job on it, bound it off so we could use it one weekend, and vowed to hand quilt at a later date...to be determined apparently...)



-Repainting the master bathroom and cabinets

-A dozen flannel blankets for the shop


-More Waldorf dolls, also for the shop

-A couple more knit stroller blankets

-To complete Isla's new bedroom--my own interpretation of Lady Mary's hospital quilt from Downton Abbey (with tutorial of course!)



That's all I can think of right now...I'm sure there could be many more entries, but these are the big ones that have been weighing heavily on me.  I like my projects best when they're accomplished, rather than languishing.

I'll leave you with this for today...lest you're worried about my sanity: 

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.  --John Quincy Adams

Preach it, Brother.  ;)

ETA:  I am adding just one project to this list...a new quilt for Luca's bedroom.  I had a beautiful one already chosen and a plan for how to get it done...but he doesn't like it and has chosen this one instead.  Opinionated, isn't he?  I think with a grey chambray as the background and green and blue corner triangles it will work just as well. And I won't have to hear about it until the end of time ;)


2 Comments:

At 1/9/15, 10:55 AM , Blogger Angela Bruns said...

I have been thinking about making the "beautiful one" for myself (in grey chambray actually)! But I do like Luca's choice too (in grey chambray obviously). I also like this idea of a project diet. I just ordered fabric to make a new lap quilt, but I have so much other fabric (and yarn) that needs to be used for other projects.

 
At 1/14/15, 10:17 AM , Blogger Bibi said...

The things that you make and do are SO lovely. I hope you never run out of inspiration....but I will say, I feel a little daunted taking a peak at your very ambitious list;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home