Yarn Along--Weasley Vest



 Happy Christmas Eve!  We celebrated Solstice on Sunday, and much fun was had by all.  I'll share more on that Monday.  But for today--a new design.  Born out of a dearth of time and yarn, I present for your consideration--the Weasley Vest.

The last three years I have presented Luca with a Weasley Sweater to wear (although last year's still fit him this year...shhh).  I wanted to have one ready for Isla too, but it just wasn't going to happen.  I raided my bff's yarn stash for a skein of Universal Yarns Deluxe Worsted Concord Tweed (unfortunately discontinued) in a beautiful vibrant red.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to get a whole 18 month sweater out of this 220 yard skein, so I figured the next best thing would be a vest.  All of the important elements, but in a quick, condensed version of the original that could be whipped up in a couple of days.


Voila! I also knit a blue tweed vest in the 4 year size for Luca (mostly to test the pattern).  Unfortunately, his new thing is "I'll only wear it if it's green" so I had to bribe him to next Tuesday to wear it for a few pictures...but it also turned out great!


And as luck would have it, a very dear friend of mine's husband asked on Facebook two days after I finished writing the pattern if anyone could find Weasley sweaters for his 1 year old twin boys by Christmas...  Umm...yeah!  I knit up two vests in the smallest size in just 2 days--a navy one with an F and a light blue one with a G and they were in the mail in time!  I can't wait to see pics of the boys wearing them!  By the way, Bibi's blog (The Conscious Doer) is amazing and you should definitely check it out.  You can read all about her surprise twins and all of the other wonderful stories she shares.  :)


As a special holiday gift, I'm offering the Weasley Vest FREE for a limited time in sizes 12-24 months up to Adult 3x, so it's great for the whole family!

(This design will be FREE until I finish the charts for the initials and the tutorial for duplicate stitch.  There are many videos on YouTube to help you learn this technique if you're unfamiliar and any style of letter would be the perfect finish for this vest!  I've included a template you can use to design your own letter on the last page of the pattern.  You can pick the vest pattern up now while it's free and once the additional information has been added you will receive a pattern update with access to the completed version.)

Linking up with Ginny for Yarn Along today.  Enjoy and Happy Christmas! 
A Lovely Homemade Life: Yarn Along--Weasley Vest

Wednesday, December 24

Yarn Along--Weasley Vest



 Happy Christmas Eve!  We celebrated Solstice on Sunday, and much fun was had by all.  I'll share more on that Monday.  But for today--a new design.  Born out of a dearth of time and yarn, I present for your consideration--the Weasley Vest.

The last three years I have presented Luca with a Weasley Sweater to wear (although last year's still fit him this year...shhh).  I wanted to have one ready for Isla too, but it just wasn't going to happen.  I raided my bff's yarn stash for a skein of Universal Yarns Deluxe Worsted Concord Tweed (unfortunately discontinued) in a beautiful vibrant red.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to get a whole 18 month sweater out of this 220 yard skein, so I figured the next best thing would be a vest.  All of the important elements, but in a quick, condensed version of the original that could be whipped up in a couple of days.


Voila! I also knit a blue tweed vest in the 4 year size for Luca (mostly to test the pattern).  Unfortunately, his new thing is "I'll only wear it if it's green" so I had to bribe him to next Tuesday to wear it for a few pictures...but it also turned out great!


And as luck would have it, a very dear friend of mine's husband asked on Facebook two days after I finished writing the pattern if anyone could find Weasley sweaters for his 1 year old twin boys by Christmas...  Umm...yeah!  I knit up two vests in the smallest size in just 2 days--a navy one with an F and a light blue one with a G and they were in the mail in time!  I can't wait to see pics of the boys wearing them!  By the way, Bibi's blog (The Conscious Doer) is amazing and you should definitely check it out.  You can read all about her surprise twins and all of the other wonderful stories she shares.  :)


As a special holiday gift, I'm offering the Weasley Vest FREE for a limited time in sizes 12-24 months up to Adult 3x, so it's great for the whole family!

(This design will be FREE until I finish the charts for the initials and the tutorial for duplicate stitch.  There are many videos on YouTube to help you learn this technique if you're unfamiliar and any style of letter would be the perfect finish for this vest!  I've included a template you can use to design your own letter on the last page of the pattern.  You can pick the vest pattern up now while it's free and once the additional information has been added you will receive a pattern update with access to the completed version.)

Linking up with Ginny for Yarn Along today.  Enjoy and Happy Christmas! 

1 Comments:

At 12/29/14, 10:01 AM , Blogger Rivki Silver said...

Hi! I popped over from Bibi's blog, and am totally smitten with the vests! Such cuteness! I don't knit (yet? It's on my bucket list to learn), and was wondering if you would be interested in making vests for my three boys (for which I would obviously pay you). You can reach me at rivkisilver@gmail.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home