Yarn Along--Christmas Gift Round Up


In addition to the Weasley Vests I made for the kiddos this year, the Antiquity fingerless mitts for my sister in law and the Sachets and assorted jams and jellies for gifts, these three knits round out my Christmas gifting.

The first (modeled by my beautiful sister!) is an Alexandra Shawlette knit in Lambspun of Colorado Prism in a colorway called Colorado Lark.  This pattern was so much fun to knit--I picked up four different skeins of Dream in Color Everlasting Sock and I'm pretty sure all four of them are going to become four new Alexandras.

The second is another Follow Your Arrow by Ysolda Teague in Knit Picks Palette Tea Rose and Wallaby that I knit for my mother in law.  I really got my money's worth from that pattern...this was the third one I did and I'd knit more in the future.  It's a really fun one too, and so many combinations to try!

The last one is a Stormborn Shawl, knit as a MKAL for my mom, due to her love of all things Daenerys in Fleece Artist Trail Socks Twilight.  I improvised the sideways knit border at the end (the original called for picots, which aren't my favorite).  You can find info on my modification if you're interested in my project notes on Ravelry.

Still not much reading going on here...other than our ever-growing stash of bedtime books to read with the kiddos.  I think I've shared most of my seasonal favorites in previous Yarn Along posts, but I'll add The Tale of the Three Trees for this week.  It's one that's very dear to me, as it is a favorite of my grandmother's and one that we read each year with her for Christmas.  It's a beautiful story and one that I can barely get through without tearing up.  Love you Gigi!

Linking up with Ginny for Yarn Along today.  Happy New Year!  I'll see you on the flip side :)


A Lovely Homemade Life: Yarn Along--Christmas Gift Round Up

Wednesday, December 31

Yarn Along--Christmas Gift Round Up


In addition to the Weasley Vests I made for the kiddos this year, the Antiquity fingerless mitts for my sister in law and the Sachets and assorted jams and jellies for gifts, these three knits round out my Christmas gifting.

The first (modeled by my beautiful sister!) is an Alexandra Shawlette knit in Lambspun of Colorado Prism in a colorway called Colorado Lark.  This pattern was so much fun to knit--I picked up four different skeins of Dream in Color Everlasting Sock and I'm pretty sure all four of them are going to become four new Alexandras.

The second is another Follow Your Arrow by Ysolda Teague in Knit Picks Palette Tea Rose and Wallaby that I knit for my mother in law.  I really got my money's worth from that pattern...this was the third one I did and I'd knit more in the future.  It's a really fun one too, and so many combinations to try!

The last one is a Stormborn Shawl, knit as a MKAL for my mom, due to her love of all things Daenerys in Fleece Artist Trail Socks Twilight.  I improvised the sideways knit border at the end (the original called for picots, which aren't my favorite).  You can find info on my modification if you're interested in my project notes on Ravelry.

Still not much reading going on here...other than our ever-growing stash of bedtime books to read with the kiddos.  I think I've shared most of my seasonal favorites in previous Yarn Along posts, but I'll add The Tale of the Three Trees for this week.  It's one that's very dear to me, as it is a favorite of my grandmother's and one that we read each year with her for Christmas.  It's a beautiful story and one that I can barely get through without tearing up.  Love you Gigi!

Linking up with Ginny for Yarn Along today.  Happy New Year!  I'll see you on the flip side :)


2 Comments:

At 12/31/14, 7:30 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

Those are all such beautiful works. It's really such a dare to knit for Christmas gifts, unless you are certain the recipient will enjoy it. I knit a Color Affection for my mother-in-law and I have a feeling it will sit in a drawer. I was pretty sure she'd be thrilled, too. I think I'm done gifting hand knits for a while.

 
At 1/2/15, 6:24 PM , Blogger harknessangels said...

Lovely knits! Fantastic colorways!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home