Yarn Along--Antiquity






Since my sister in law has already received her Christmas gift, I think it's safe to share it with you :)  I knit her a pair of Antiquity fingerless mitts by Alicia Plummer in the same yarn I used for my Driftwood shawl--Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight.  They came out nicely and I like the subtlety of the colors against the dark gray.

We've really been enjoying all of the new books (it's refreshing to get a break from the old, tired favorites, isn't it?)  Another book in our Christmas Basket is The King's Tea. (Apparently we only like books that are no longer in print :/)  The king blames his tea steward for ruining his morning tea with sour milk, but learns a valuable lesson in the end.  Since Luca and I have been enjoying tea time after school in recent weeks, he's really connected with the story, which is sweet.

Linking up with Ginny this week. 
A Lovely Homemade Life: Yarn Along--Antiquity

Wednesday, December 17

Yarn Along--Antiquity






Since my sister in law has already received her Christmas gift, I think it's safe to share it with you :)  I knit her a pair of Antiquity fingerless mitts by Alicia Plummer in the same yarn I used for my Driftwood shawl--Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight.  They came out nicely and I like the subtlety of the colors against the dark gray.

We've really been enjoying all of the new books (it's refreshing to get a break from the old, tired favorites, isn't it?)  Another book in our Christmas Basket is The King's Tea. (Apparently we only like books that are no longer in print :/)  The king blames his tea steward for ruining his morning tea with sour milk, but learns a valuable lesson in the end.  Since Luca and I have been enjoying tea time after school in recent weeks, he's really connected with the story, which is sweet.

Linking up with Ginny this week. 

4 Comments:

At 12/17/14, 10:57 AM , OpenID sweetlittlewood said...

I just looked at those mitts on Rav. The stitch is so beautiful- like stars.
That book looks fun too! The front art work is so compelling: it reminds me of some book from my childhood but I cant think what!

 
At 12/17/14, 12:00 PM , Blogger Angela said...

Ooh, I haven't made those - love the stitch pattern.

 
At 12/19/14, 3:04 AM , Blogger Little House in the Corner said...

I love the lilittl mits so cute & the book sounds very interesting too

 
At 12/29/14, 10:09 PM , Blogger Angela Bruns said...

It is so cold in Seattle, and these gloves are so wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home