Yarn Along--Baby Wren




Good Morning!  Happy Wednesday!  It's Luca's 2nd day of preschool and I'm very hopeful that Isla and I will be accomplishing a lot today!

Yesterday I published my very first Ravelry pattern!  It's called Baby Wren and I've been working on the test knits all week!  And boy, are my fingers tired!  Special thanks to my lovely friend Chrissy who volunteered to do the 2T size.  Thank you Chrissy!  It's a short sleeved baby cardigan with some sweet little details in 4 sizes.  All you need is 1-2 balls of worsted weight yarn (180-300 yards) and a couple of buttons!  These finished sweaters will be available soon in my Etsy shop, but the pattern is purchasable as an instant download through Ravelry right now!

I'm working on setting up my own Ravelry group--maybe my fellow Yarn Alongers will be interested in joining up to help me test knit future patterns?  These small ones aren't bad, but bigger sizes will definitely be too much for me to do!  I'll post an update when the Ravelry group is live!

Also, the beautiful Driftwood is finished and blocked, but I lost the light yesterday for a picture.  Stay tuned next week!  As for reading...stay tuned for that next week too!  I honestly haven't taken a minute to work on my book all week :(

And in case you missed it because of the holiday, Monday's Make It Myself post was all about My Homemade Laundry Detergent.  Check it out!

Linking back to Ginny at Small Things!

**Update**  Thank you for all of the positive comments!  Many people have asked about larger sizes of this pattern for girls (4-12 years old).  So I wrote up the pattern and it's currently being test knit.  It should be available for purchase mid-October.  Thank you for your interest!**
A Lovely Homemade Life: Yarn Along--Baby Wren

Wednesday, September 3

Yarn Along--Baby Wren




Good Morning!  Happy Wednesday!  It's Luca's 2nd day of preschool and I'm very hopeful that Isla and I will be accomplishing a lot today!

Yesterday I published my very first Ravelry pattern!  It's called Baby Wren and I've been working on the test knits all week!  And boy, are my fingers tired!  Special thanks to my lovely friend Chrissy who volunteered to do the 2T size.  Thank you Chrissy!  It's a short sleeved baby cardigan with some sweet little details in 4 sizes.  All you need is 1-2 balls of worsted weight yarn (180-300 yards) and a couple of buttons!  These finished sweaters will be available soon in my Etsy shop, but the pattern is purchasable as an instant download through Ravelry right now!

I'm working on setting up my own Ravelry group--maybe my fellow Yarn Alongers will be interested in joining up to help me test knit future patterns?  These small ones aren't bad, but bigger sizes will definitely be too much for me to do!  I'll post an update when the Ravelry group is live!

Also, the beautiful Driftwood is finished and blocked, but I lost the light yesterday for a picture.  Stay tuned next week!  As for reading...stay tuned for that next week too!  I honestly haven't taken a minute to work on my book all week :(

And in case you missed it because of the holiday, Monday's Make It Myself post was all about My Homemade Laundry Detergent.  Check it out!

Linking back to Ginny at Small Things!

**Update**  Thank you for all of the positive comments!  Many people have asked about larger sizes of this pattern for girls (4-12 years old).  So I wrote up the pattern and it's currently being test knit.  It should be available for purchase mid-October.  Thank you for your interest!**

14 Comments:

At 9/3/14, 7:40 AM , Blogger Leigh k said...

These are so sweet and of course I love the name..! I'd love something like this in an adult size. Stopping by via Ginny.. : )

 
At 9/3/14, 7:50 AM , Blogger Tracey ~ Clover said...

Congratulation on your pattern, it's adorable. I have a wee one in my life that I think your wren would be perfect for.

 
At 9/3/14, 8:35 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks Leigh! Adult sizes are definitely something I can work on if there's interest. Would you want to test knit? I have my Ravelry group set up now--it isn't showing up in search results just yet, but if you're interested just message me your Rav ID and I'll send you an invite :) Mine is jenniesanto.

 
At 9/3/14, 10:24 AM , Blogger Zauberflink said...

Congratulations - Your Baby Wren is beautiful! What sizes are they?

 
At 9/3/14, 10:36 AM , Blogger Angela Bruns said...

So cute! Are those the yarns we picked out? Congrats on the pattern and I'm loving the blog!

 
At 9/3/14, 10:36 AM , Blogger Christine N said...

That is beautiful! I'll have to join your test knit group when you get it going.

 
At 9/3/14, 11:53 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

Baby Wren is 0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months and 2T. There are plans in the works for Sister Wren with girl's sizes and there could even be a Mama Wren for adults in the future if there's interest. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 9/3/14, 11:55 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks Ange! These are made from some stash yarn I've been saving for designing, but I plan to make these in the pink, cream and gray Cascade Pacific we picked out at Fiber Circle in the coming weeks for the shop. I'm also planning to get some beige and dark gray to go along with the teal we chose for a new boy's hooded vest pattern I'm working on :)

 
At 9/3/14, 11:56 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks Christine! The group is actually set up and is showing up in search results on Ravelry! Just search for A Lovely Homemade Life and join right in. I'll be asking for test knitters soon :)

 
At 9/3/14, 2:01 PM , Blogger Bibi said...

My knitting group will love this post. I love the wren sweater. I'm so impressed with your amazing skills Jennie!!

 
At 9/3/14, 7:38 PM , Blogger CathieJ said...

That is an adorable pattern. You have been very busy.

 
At 9/3/14, 7:54 PM , Blogger Serena said...

I love these sweaters! I have a four year old who would love one of these, and her nickname is Wren! Going to check the pattern out over on ravelry.

 
At 9/3/14, 7:57 PM , Blogger Jennie said...

That's awesome! Baby Wren has 4 sizes from newborn up to 2T, but I'm working on Sister Wren right now for 3T on up and I'm going to need some test knitters! If you'd like to join my group at www.ravelry.com/groups/a-lovely-homemade-life you can get all the latest info about the test knit schedule and new pattern releases :)

 
At 9/8/14, 5:24 AM , OpenID conestasmismanitas said...

Supercute!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home