Yarn Along


Hooray!  This is my very first Yarn Along and I'm so excited!  A lovely blogger, Ginny, of Small Things has been doing a Yarn Along post each Wednesday for several years now and I love following along with what she and others are working on!

This week I am working on all.the.things!  I have a half dozen Waldorf dolls in the works for my shop, a pieced quilt for Isla, hand quilting an Amish-style lap quilt, and designing my own knitted baby sweater (maybe I'll give you a sneak peek in next week's post).

Today's picture is showing a Driftwood that I'm knitting...only 7 pattern repeats to go! I really should try to stick to just one thing...I'd probably get more done.  But for now, bouncing back and forth between several things seems to be working alright.

As for reading, I typically take time to do that at the gym in the mornings.  But since Isla has decided that we need to have at least one date (and sometimes two!) each night, it's been so hard to get up at 5am to go.  I'm still working on Sand by Hugh Howey.  It's sort of a post-apocalyptic novel set in a future where everything has been covered in deep sand dunes and the life we lead today is the stuff of legends.  It's quite interesting reading...you know how I love a good post-apocalyptic tale.  :)

Linking up with Ginny.

Ooh...by the way...do you like my new photo backdrop?  It still needs a couple coats of polyurethane, but it worked for today.  Special thanks to Michael for building it for me and Pacha for the advice on staining :)  I can't wait to retake all of my Etsy pics once it's done! 



A Lovely Homemade Life: Yarn Along

Wednesday, August 27

Yarn Along


Hooray!  This is my very first Yarn Along and I'm so excited!  A lovely blogger, Ginny, of Small Things has been doing a Yarn Along post each Wednesday for several years now and I love following along with what she and others are working on!

This week I am working on all.the.things!  I have a half dozen Waldorf dolls in the works for my shop, a pieced quilt for Isla, hand quilting an Amish-style lap quilt, and designing my own knitted baby sweater (maybe I'll give you a sneak peek in next week's post).

Today's picture is showing a Driftwood that I'm knitting...only 7 pattern repeats to go! I really should try to stick to just one thing...I'd probably get more done.  But for now, bouncing back and forth between several things seems to be working alright.

As for reading, I typically take time to do that at the gym in the mornings.  But since Isla has decided that we need to have at least one date (and sometimes two!) each night, it's been so hard to get up at 5am to go.  I'm still working on Sand by Hugh Howey.  It's sort of a post-apocalyptic novel set in a future where everything has been covered in deep sand dunes and the life we lead today is the stuff of legends.  It's quite interesting reading...you know how I love a good post-apocalyptic tale.  :)

Linking up with Ginny.

Ooh...by the way...do you like my new photo backdrop?  It still needs a couple coats of polyurethane, but it worked for today.  Special thanks to Michael for building it for me and Pacha for the advice on staining :)  I can't wait to retake all of my Etsy pics once it's done! 



11 Comments:

At 8/27/14, 8:01 AM , Blogger Michelle Nielsen Ott said...

Love the backdrop and the yarn-y goodness.

 
At 8/27/14, 8:26 AM , Blogger fjord girl said...

The color way is beautiful- love this pattern!

 
At 8/27/14, 11:19 AM , Blogger Corrabelle said...

such pretty yarn! Gorgeous pattern too :)

 
At 8/27/14, 1:18 PM , OpenID wifemomknitter said...

Welcome to your first Yarn Along! I love your yarn and pattern choice. And there is nothing wrong with bouncing around between a few projects.

 
At 8/27/14, 4:19 PM , Blogger Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

Welcome! That yarn color is wonderful!

 
At 8/27/14, 5:34 PM , Blogger elizabeth said...

welcome! beautiful yarn and pattern! what a lot of things you are making! I like to do lots of things at once too :)

 
At 8/28/14, 7:42 AM , Blogger Nat at Made in Home said...

Love the backdrop - is Sand the follow-up to Wool? I read Wool - actually did not manage to finish it, I was not getting into it.. Great colour for driftwood - and I am sure I would be quicker too if I was sticking to one project, but what would be the fun in that! Also I have a giveaway on my blog at the moment, for a shawl pattern, that you might be interested in after finishing driftwood!

 
At 8/28/14, 8:08 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks! I just checked it out--it's really lovely! Sand isn't really related to Wool, they're just the same genre. And Wool has some great twists at the end, in case you ever feel like picking it back up :)

 
At 8/28/14, 8:09 AM , Blogger Jennie said...

Thanks for all the lovely positive feedback everyone! It was a great first yarn along :)

 
At 8/28/14, 7:05 PM , Blogger CathieJ said...

So glad you have joined Yarn Along. Your knitting looks wonderful and I am going to take a stroll through your blog. Great backdrop for you photo.

 
At 8/29/14, 8:11 AM , Blogger Lea Lacoste said...

lovely yarn, and that book sounds just like what I love, thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home